Top 10 Things to Do, Eat and Shop in Sauble Beach
Welcome to Sauble Beach a world class beach with a Blue Flag Award. Scroll down to view photo gallery!
Sauble Beach is a wonderful place to bring your family for sun, fun and re-connection with them after a long winter. The Lake Huron shore in Sauble Beach is 11 kilometers long and 100 metres wide. The area offers varied day trip excursions, shopping, golfing and dinning for all to enjoy. Many families return year after year making Sauble Beach www.saublebeach.com a top vacation destination.
1. Water and Sand
First priority. Whether you decide to stay for a day at the beach to swim and play or head to the Sauble Falls, Sauble River or Sauble Falls Provincial Park www.ontarioparks.com/park/saublefalls
2. Sauble Speedway
Offers stock car racing every weekend featuring Late Models, Four Cylinders, Thunder Card, and Midget Car racing www.saublespeedway.com
3. Family Movie Night
Is for everyone on Wednesday evenings from 8:30 – 11pm located at 34 Lakeshore Blvd. N. Don’t forget to bring along your beach chairs and blankets to enjoy the movies under the stars.
4. Cruise Night and Street Dance
Everyone from the area bring their vintage vehicles and there is also a motorcycle Show ‘n Shine. The Sunset Cruisers sponsor this event every Tuesday during July and August beginning at 6pm.
5. Stand Up Paddle Boarding
This is a new activity for the beach and not too be missed. Every one is trying it. www.saublefallsbb.com and www.supsaublebeach.ca
This is an annual event in Sauble Beach. Bring the whole family out for the weekend to enjoy the festivities of sandcastle building competition, live bands and classic cars.
7. Bagpipes at Sunset
Happens every Thursday evening at sunset under the Sauble Beach Sign. Come and enjoy the haunting melodies of the pipes.
For the golf enthusiasts there are a great many choices. Visit the Sauble Golf and Country Club www.saubleGolf.com who will pick you up and deliver you home for free while dining or golfing there.
9. Sauble Beach Guitar Festival
Becoming an annual event here the 3rd weekend in August. Featuring great guitar concerts each evening.
10. Dining and Shopping
You just have to wander the Main St. to discover the variety of dining offered whether it be sit down or take out. There is something for every palate. For coffee there is Two Chicks who also have live music on Friday and Saturday nights and free WIFI www.twochickscafe.ca or Luscious Bakery Deli Café for homemade soups, sandwiches, coffee, baked goods and smokes meats and sausages. The shops along Main St. carry every souvenir imaginable as well as bathing suits, sand toys, and even an arcade www.gigglesarcade.com
1. Tobermory. This little town is approximately 1 hour away. You can enjoy a 2 hour sunset cruise or take a jet boat to shipwrecks and Flower Pot Island www.bruceanchor.com or blueheronco.com or you could board the Chi-cheemaun the largest passenger ferry boat on the Great Lakes and visit quaint Manitoulin Island www.chi-cheemaun.com
2. Cypress Lake and Cypress Lake Grotto. For families who like to be outdoors going on nature trails www.brucepensinsula.org.
3. The Scenic Caves. Walk the trails to the beautiful limestone caves www.greigscaves.ca
4. Saugeen First Nation #29 Southampton. The first weekend in August the Saugeen First Nation celebrate their Annual Pow Wow with dancing, music, story telling and food. On the Reserve there is an amazing Amphitheatre and Gardens to visit with no admission charge www.saugeenfirstnation.ca
5. Chippeawas of Nawash Unceded First Nation. Located on the Cape Crocker Indian Park this First Nation also has an Annual Pow Wow the 2nd weekend in August www.nawash.ca
Top 10 Restaurants in Sauble Beach, Ontario
Preview our concise and helpful top 10 Restaurants in Sauble Beach that will make it easy for your friends and family to find a good spot to dine. Luscious Bakery Deli Café Inc. 103 Second Ave. N. Family run offering everything from fresh homemade baking, meat pies, soups, sandwiches, coffee as well as a deli…Read More